Still don't have SSL?
Still don't have SSL? - 5.0 out of 5 based on 9 votes
For over 3 years we've been advising website owners to get HTTPS/SSL encryption in place because the internet has been moving towards a totally encrypted medium. A major development is now taking effect from July 2018 onwards.....and from thereon it's going to get much more difficult to present yourself online as a professional business unless you have this system in place.
Because from then on, Google will be placing a "Not Secure" warning in the browser for all sites (and all pages on all sites) that are not encrypted. The official announcement from Google can be seen HERE!
There are many benefits of having HTTPS/SSL encryption in place:
1. A 2048 bit encrypted connection between the user and the site gives a higher level of security for data transmission.
2. An SSL certificate also provides authentication. This means that users can be sure that they are sending information to YOU, and not to a criminal’s server.
3. Protection from Phishing, where a criminal tries to impersonate you or your website.
4. You can use a Dedicated IP address that gives you protection from any IP blacklisting of your site and e-mail caused by other users on the shared server IP address.
5. Enhanced professionalism giving clients confidence in doing business with you.
6. Trust! Browsers give visual cues, such as the lock icon in the address bar, which tells visitors that their connection is secure.
7. SSL is a criteria for search engine ranking, so potentially higher placement in searches.
8. You'll get a "Secure" message displayed on your site rather than "Not Secure".
If that all sounds a bit technical.....then here's a short video that will explain it.
So if you haven't got SSL in place then now is the time to make a move before you end up losing business! Simply because the words "Not Secure" on every page of your site are not going to inspire or reassure any potential client!